By John E. Conklin
This ebook explores topics of school existence in 681 live-action, theatrically published, feature-length movies set within the usa and published from 1915 via 2006, comparing how those video clips either mirrored and distorted the truth of undergraduate life.
issues contain collage admissions, the freshman event, educational paintings, professor-student family members, scholar romance, fraternity and sorority existence, activities, political activism, and different extracurricular actions. The e-book additionally incorporates a whole filmography and sixty six illustrations.
Read Online or Download Campus Life in the Movies: A Critical Survey from the Silent Era to the Present PDF
Similar college & university education books
This booklet offers an outline and research of present tensions, debates and key matters inside of OECD international locations, quite Australia, the us, Canada and the united kingdom, in regards to the place schooling is and may be going. utilizing a large historic research, it investigates principles and visions concerning the destiny which are more and more evoked to aid arguments in regards to the coming near near dying of the dominant smooth academic version.
This publication takes a practical examine the results of underrepresentation of African americans in faculties and universities. It highlights neighborhood, nation, and nationwide outcomes dealing with America’s academic destiny because the nation turns into extra diversified. It additionally examines the demanding situations that face Blacks attempting to get into the academy and concerns that confront those that penetrate the procedure.
Multiple-choice questions (MCQs) are a ubiquitous instrument utilized in university school rooms, but such a lot teachers admit that they're now not ready to maximise the question's advantages. studying and Assessing with Multiple-Choice Questions in collage study rooms is a finished source designed to permit teachers and their scholars to reinforce scholar studying by using MCQs.
Mentoring African American men offers vital black male examine and pupil functionality information to steer the efforts of these who settle for the big activity of status within the hole to extend black male fulfillment. Dr. Ross offers assistance for people and associations embracing the real function of constructing mentoring courses or serving as a mentor to formative years.
- Facilitating Workshops: A Resource Book for Lecturers and Trainers (Palgrave Teaching and Learning)
- Understanding and Reducing College Student Departure: ASHE-ERIC Higher Education Report, Volume 30, Number 3 (J-B ASHE Higher Education Report Series (AEHE))
- New Perspectives on Asian American Parents, Students and Teacher Recruitment (Research on the Education of Asian Pacific Americans)
- Game of Loans: The Rhetoric and Reality of Student Debt (The William G. Bowen Memorial Series in Higher Education)
- Finish Your Dissertation, Darling!: Successful Strategies for Overcoming Procrastination, Isolation, Writing Blocks, Wish for Perfection, Unresponsive ... Troublesome Relatives & Research Gone
Additional info for Campus Life in the Movies: A Critical Survey from the Silent Era to the Present
Campus Life in the Movies: A Critical Survey from the Silent Era to the Present by John E. Conklin
- Leadership in Christian Higher Education by Michael Wright,James Arthur PDF
- New PDF release: Intercultural Competence in Higher Education: International