By John Horton,Helder Vasconcelos,Raul Portales
Develop your individual responsive, reactive, and ready-to-deploy Android applications
About This Book
- Kick-start your Android programming profession or simply rejoice publishing apps to the Google Play marketplace
- Explore the high-level Android asynchronous constructs to be had at the Android SDK
- Learn the internals of a video game engine by means of development one
Who This e-book Is For
If you're an iOS developer or the other developer/programmer and also you are looking to attempt your palms on constructing functions at the Android platform, this path is for you. No previous programming event is required as this path will advisor you correct from the start to the complex suggestions of Android programming.
What you'll Learn
- Mastering the basics of coding Java for Android
- Installing and developing your Android improvement environment
- Building useful consumer interfaces with the Android Studio visible designer
- Adding consumer interplay, info captures, sound, and animation for your apps
- Managing your apps' facts utilizing the integrated Android SQLite database
- Getting acquainted with the android approach version and low-level concurrent constructs introduced by way of the Android SDK
- Interacting with within reach units over Bluetooth and WiFi communications channels
- Creating and composing projects with RxJava to execute complicated asynchronous paintings in a predictable way
- Handling consumer inputs, from digital joysticks to gamepads
- Implementing collision detection utilizing diversified suggestions and detect easy methods to optimize it for advanced games
- Building, deploying, and publishing genuine Android functions to the Google Play marketplace
Android is the most well-liked OS on the earth. there are thousands of units having access to tens of hundreds of thousands of functions. it's many people's access element into the area of expertise. The Android: Programming for builders path will take you on a trip to develop into a good Android programmer through completely figuring out the major thoughts of Android programming and boost market-ready applications.
The direction starts off with assisting you create Android purposes from scratch. the 1st module, Android Programming for novices, introduces you to the entire primary innovations of programming in an Android context, from the Java fundamentals to operating with the Android API. on the finishing touch of this module, you will be able to commence construction your personal customized functions in Android and Java.
After getting accustomed to the fundamental programming thoughts, the second one module, Asynchronous Android Programming, exhibits you the way to make your purposes extra trustworthy. it will be completed utilizing high-level and complex asynchronous suggestions and ideas. via this module, you are going to learn how to build scalable and performant functions to exploit multi-thread asynchronous techniques.
With an outstanding take hold of at the fundamentals, you progress at the ultimate module, getting to know Android online game improvement. This innovative module may also help you learn how to use animations and particle platforms to supply a wealthy adventure. by way of the tip of the path, you'll create appealing, responsive, and reusable UIs by way of benefiting from the Android SDK.
Style and approach
The finished direction will run you thru the fundamental suggestions for novices, flow directly to the UI layout, educate you online game improvement on Android, and at last make you trained in program improvement on Android. each one of those features has been coated in person modules that can assist you boost your abilities after the final touch of a module and prepare for the next.
Read Online or Download Android: Programming for Developers PDF
Best computer games programming books
Subscribe to videogame veteran Michael Thornton Wyman on a chain of designated, behind-the-scenes excursions with the groups that experience made essentially the most well known and seriously acclaimed videogames of the trendy period. Drawing on insider's views from a large choice of groups, find out about the production of a tiny, self sustaining video game venture (World of Goo), informal online game classics (Diner sprint, Bejeweled Twist), the world's preferred social video game (FarmVille) in addition to the world's hottest mmo (World of Warcraft), workstation titles (Half lifestyles 2) to AAA console video games (Madden NFL 10), and modern day masterpieces (Little massive Planet, Rock Band, Uncharted 2: between Thieves).
Create iOS and Android video games from scratch utilizing Cocos2d-xAbout This BookCreate and run Cocos2d-x tasks on iOS and Android systems. locate functional suggestions to many real-world video game improvement difficulties. study the necessities of Cocos2d-x by means of writing code and following step by step directions. Who This e-book Is ForThis ebook is designed to assist latest builders who're seeking to research this impressive framework, which supplies cross-platform improvement.
Create a fantastic first individual shooter video game utilizing the harmony online game engine and the preferred UFPS and Probuilder frameworksAbout This BookLearn tips on how to use solidarity at the side of UFPS and ProBuilder to create a superior online game quicklyCreate either inside and external environmentsA step-by step consultant to development a venture with transparent examples and directions to create a couple of fascinating scenariosWho This booklet Is ForThis publication is if you are looking to create an FPS video game in cohesion and achieve wisdom on tips to customise it to be their own.
This booklet constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the fifth overseas convention on video games and studying Alliance, GALA 2016, held in Utrecht, The Netherlands, in December 2016. The 27 revised normal papers awarded including 14 poster papers have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from fifty five submissions.
- Beginning Android C++ Game Development
- Beginning 3D Game Development with Unity 4: All-in-one, multi-platform game development (Technology in Action)
- Advanced Graphics Programming Using OpenGL (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Graphics)
- Getting Started with SpriteKit
- Real-Time Volume Graphics
Extra info for Android: Programming for Developers
Android: Programming for Developers by John Horton,Helder Vasconcelos,Raul Portales
- Download e-book for iPad: Graphics Gems III (IBM Version): Ibm Version (Graphics Gems by David Kirk
- Download e-book for iPad: Designing the User Experience of Game Development Tools by David Lightbown